- Students living in New Zealand or offshore, commencing or returning to postgraduate study in selected programmes
Students interested in studying online will need to be granted approval to do so by the University. This also applies to students who have been granted approval to study online in previous semesters. Students will be required to demonstrate that COVID‑19 has impacted their ability to study on campus in 2021.
This course in Advanced Nutrition Practice at University of Otago covers clinical nutrition, public health, sports and exercise nutrition, food solutions to nutritional issues and the latest evidence in nutrition research.
Each aspect of the course has practical components that allows students to learn and develop skills in real-world environments.
Students also have the opportunity to take papers from other departments such as sports and exercise science, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, public health, science communication and food science depending on their areas of interest.
A major component of this course is completing a substantial period of work experience or a placement within an organisation in an area or field of work that is of interest to the student.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applications in Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Nutrition and Human Health
- Topics in Behavioural and Applied Nutrition
- Public Health Dietetics
- Commercialisation Project
- Supervised Independent Study
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 55 other Masters in Public Health in New Zealand
- Admission to the programme shall be subject to the approval of the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Sciences).
- be a graduate and have achieved an average grade of at least B in the relevant 300-level papers;
- have obtained a Postgraduate Certificate or a Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Science with an average grade of at least B;
- have equivalent alternative qualifications or experience acceptable to the Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Sciences).
International39739 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39739 USD per year during 12 months.
National5302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5302 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $7,281.00
- Internationals: $54,566
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.