Data Science at Warsaw University of Technology provides an in-depth knowledge and skills needed to process and analyse growing volumes of data. Students learn about data processing and analytical techniques used for structured data and unstructured data. Particular emphasis is placed upon natural language processing and the analysis of network data including the data of social networks. The program builds also programming skills in languages typically used for data processing such as Python. This is combined with in-depth coverage and experience in the use of Big Data processing, including key platforms such as Apache platforms and Cloud Computing, including collaboration with top cloud providers.
As far as data analytics is concerned, particular attention is paid to Machine Learning methods. This includes also deep learning and methods focused on network and text analysis and contributes to the knowledge of Artificial Intelligence. Hence, the program combines the knowledge of key algorithms, methods, languages and platforms used in data acquisition, storage, processing, analysis and visualisation with hands-on experience in solving real-world problems defined by industry experts.
Each student chooses a scientific advisor from among academic and research staff. Last semester is devoted mainly to M.Sc. thesis preparation. Data Science students can also spend a semester of their studies studying in one of cooperating European universities as a part of student exchange program.
The Data Science team is a group of researchers with major international collaboration, active in international research community and presenting results of their research at major scientific events.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Cloud Computing
- Data Exploration and Visualisation
- Big Data Analytics
- Natural Language Processing
- Social Networks and Recommendation Systems
- Management of Organisation and Intellectual Property in ICT Industry
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Data Science & Big Data View 21 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor Degree Diploma - in the original language and translation to English. Remember we require a Bachelor Degree in a very similar field to the M.Sc. program you are applying to. The Diploma should be final, however, we accept also provisional and temporary ones.
- Transcript of records - in the original language and translation to English
- Passport personal information page - the page(s) with your data, photo and signature
- Proof of payment of €200 application fee.
- One photograph - passport format photo
International4800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2400 EUR per semester and a duration of .
EU/EEA4800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2400 EUR per semester and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.