The Civil Engineering programme of Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) has traditionally emphasised the interaction between theory and practice and between research and education. Students and researchers therefore enjoy excellent and extensive laboratory, ICT and library facilities.
The MSc programme in Civil Engineering aims to train and educate engineers who are able to solve complex problems in a creative way. Civil engineers are knowledgeable as well as scientifically and technologically resourceful. They are able to work professionaly in complex and unpredictable environments and to assume leading roles in these organisations, both in the Netherlands and worldwide.
The MSc in Civil Engineering offers eight tracks, designed to train students to make full use of the tools of techniques of their discipline:
- Building Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Geoscience and Remote Sensing
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transport & Planning
- Water Management
- Effective Communication for Designers
- Research Design
- Integrated Design
- Asset Management for Designers
- Risk Management for Designers
- Techno-Economic Evaluation for Designers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Physics General Engineering & Technology View 55 other Masters in Physics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined. The degree must be comparable in level to a bachelor’s degree from a research university in the Netherlands and must be closely related to your MSc programme of choice. In addition, scores for key subjects must also be good.
- English language proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of identity
- Reference letter (applicants for a scholarship)
International19600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Delft
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.