Marine Biology at University of Haifa taught in English over two academic years and is a thesis track only. Upon completion of the program, students will be awarded a Master of Science in Marine Biology.
The mission of the study program of the Department of Marine Biology is to provide students with the knowledge, conceptual and experimental skills, and experience to enable them to be productive marine scientists.
Graduate studies in the department include a research period (thesis) under the supervision of one of the department's researchers. Students combine research on a wide variety of marine organisms and questions with a wide range of obligatory and optional courses, educational cruises, research dives and lab work.
The program is an experimental marine biology studies that aim to help students to become a productive marine scientists and give them the skills that can be used in a variety of subsequent careers, including:
- Advanced research (in academia or industry)
- Management or consultation in the field of marine biology, providing science-based guidance to decision makers.
- Teaching and outreach in marine sciences to a variety of audiences.
Success in such careers requires a broad knowledge of the marine ecosystem and the dominant physical and chemical drivers of these systems, in-depth knowledge in their select research field, and extensive research experience through their thesis research as well as through dedicated laboratory and field courses. The program goal is to provide all of our graduates with a strong background in all aspects of the bio-marine sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physical Oceanography
- Biogeochemical Oceanography
- Research Student Forum
- Experiments Design
- Methods in Marine Biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation View 3 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in Israel
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Only graduates of a recognized institute with science degree (B.Sc.) in biology, marine science or other related science disciplines could be accepted to the department
- Department pre-requisites are knowledge level at science graduate degree in biology in the following areas: bio-chemistry, physiology, ecology, molecular biology, English
- Minimal weighted final grade of 85 in each one of the subjects of graduate degree, or a minimum of 3.4 GPA or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9910 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9910 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9910 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9910 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.