The key features of the programme include its combination of insights from economics and finance, statistics and computing science with a focus on creating a new generation of professionals who can use data-rigorous methods in order to inform complex decision making and will provide you with a set of skills that are future-proof and always in high demand. The programme is delivered collaboratively with the Adam Smith Business School and the School of Computing Science
Why this Data Analytics for Economics and Finance programme from the University of Glasgow ?
- Join the prestigious Adam Smith business school at an exciting time as we embark on transforming the University of Glasgow into one of the leading institutions worldwide covering the field of Data Analytics.
- Choose from a series of high-quality courses delivered from Economics and Finance in the Adam Smith Business School and the School of Computing Science.
- You will complete advanced training in order to develop data analytic skills in preparation for successful careers in business or industry.
- The programme also provides a solid foundation for PhD study.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in summer project internships with some of our prestigious partners.
- You can gain recognition for extra-curricular activities by joining the Adam Smith Business School’s Graduate Award Scheme.
The MSc Data Analytics for Economics & Finance will be suitable for those who have developed a strong interest in obtaining data analytic skills combined with economic insights and aspire to follow a career in finance, banking, consulting, government and other major international institutions.
The programme delivers a multi-disciplinary curriculum that will prepare graduates for work in all fields of data-rigorous professions related to economics and finance, as well as marketing and business. It is also advantageous for direct admission to a PhD programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Time Series and Forecasting
- Bayesian Data Analysis
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for Data Scientists (School of Computing Science)
- Microeconometrics: Impact Evaluation and Causal Analysis
- Deep Learning (School of Computing Science)
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- Financial Information Retrieval
- Financial Market Microstructure
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Business Intelligence & Analytics View 209 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
2.1 Honours degree in Economics, Finance, Computing Science or another subject with a quantitative focus.
All courses in this degree require lots of programming and, while prior programming experience is not necessary, you will be expected to gain advanced programming skills in a short time frame.Additional documents required when applying for this programme
In addition to the documents listed in 'how to apply', please supply a personal statement detailing:
- why you have applied for this programme
- the relevant experience you have to support your application
- how you think the programme will benefit you in the future
It is compulsory to submit this personal statement along with the rest of your application.
Please note: the reference you supply with your application should be an academic reference.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24540 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24540 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Tuition fees for January start
- UK and EU full time fee: £9,750
- International full time fee: £23,500
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.