How do you balance progress with sustainability or the needs of the many with the interests of the few? These questions are ever more significant in the UK, yet qualified planners are in short supply.
Study with us and you’ll gain the all-round professional skills required to shape policy and strategy, plan sustainably, negotiate or manage the planning process, and balance competing priorities.
The Town Planning course at Anglia Ruskin University explores the practical, from the technical and environmental aspects of construction to the many legal, political, social, aesthetic and economic issues you’ll consider, and reconcile, as a planner.
We take pride in giving our graduates a great start as highly-qualified urban and suburban planners, whose knowledge and experience are well matched to the current needs of the industry. You’re also in the perfect position to continue your academic career and move up to our Built Environment PhD or Professional Doctorate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Planning - Principles and Concepts
- Plan Making and Policy
- Planning Implementation
- Planning and Society
- Site Studies and Urban Design
- Sustainability and Environmental Management
- Research Design and Methods
- Masters Project
- Housing and Planning
- 12 months
- 28 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- It can take up to four weeks to consider applications, so we recommend you apply at least a month before your preferred start date.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 271 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
- A second class honours degree or above in a subject that is cognate within the built environment fields. Examples include Town Planning, Environmental Studies, Architecture, Landscape Design, Urban Studies, Geography and Building Surveying. Part-time students will benefit from being in relevant employment. Full-time students will benefit from recent experience in a relevant field of study or work. Those with the required degree classification in a non-cognate subject may be requested to follow some guided reading prior to commencing the course.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK students (part-time, per year): £4,600
- International students (part-time, per year): £7,250
Living costs for Chelmsford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.