You'll graduate with a flexible and sought after skill set, opening the door to jobs in banking, accounting and the financial sector, as well as more specific roles like forensic accounting.
What you'll experience
On this Accounting and Data Analytics Master's course you'll:
- Combine big data theory, business acumen and communication ability into a sought after skill set
- Improve your financial analysis and data visualisation skills
- Learn how to prepare and analyse accounts
- Get experience with analytical software
- Learn how to effectively analyse financial data to achieve certain goals, such as internal auditing
- Access the same data, analytics and software used by city traders in our Bloomberg Suite
- Study alongside students from our MSc Forensic Accounting and MSc Accounting and Finance courses, so you'll experience other areas of accounting and get a better idea of what to expect in the workplace
- Develop transferable skills such as business acumen, professional ethics, critical analysis, report writing, communication skills and data analysis
- Be able to attend guest lectures, which illustrate how you can apply the knowledge and skill you learn in industry
- Study modules that accelerate the path to membership of accounting professional bodies after the course
Programming skills are not required on this course.
What can you do with an Accounting and Data Analytics Master's degree?
Areas that you could go on to work in include:
- financial sector businesses
- internal and external auditing
- forensic technology
- professional services
This course is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accounting (CIMA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Analysis
- Statistics and Data Modelling
- Data Concepts and Management
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Data Processing and Visualisation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesAccounting Business Intelligence & Analytics View 207 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.