This Human Geography programme from University of Kent encompasses social and cultural geography, urban and political geography, economics and development studies, as well as environmental and landscape planning.
The Human Geography programme from University of Kent combine academic theory with practical field experience to develop graduates who are highly employable. Human Geography graduates work in a variety of sectors including international aid and development agencies such as the United Nations, NGOs and charities; the civil service and local government departments responsible for housing and planning, environmental services, recycling, sustainability, regeneration; Ministry of Defence; environmental consultancies; travel and tourism; the property, real estate and planning sectors.
- Urban mobility and segregation in Stockholm and Jerusalem.
- The Political Economy of Backpacker Tourism in South East Asia
- Cultural values and practices towards the natural environment in the British Overseas Territories
- Analysis of the role of the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy in creating jobs in UK rural areas.
- Local knowledge, science and the environment: how and why people respond to climate change
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
There is no fixed application deadline for applications from home/EU students, though we strongly recommend you apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesGeography Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 70 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United Kingdom
- For an MSc by research a first degree (at least 2:1) in a relevant subject is required
- For an MPhil or PhD a first degree and a usually a Master’s (at least Merit) or substantial professional experience in a relevant field is required.
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications.
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4596 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4596 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home £2298
- EU/International - £8700
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.