Improve your teaching practice by gaining a professional postgraduate qualification and automatic professional recognition as a Fellow of Higher Education (FHEA), that is recognised globally.
This Academic Practice (PGCAP) programme from University of Liverpool Online Programmes was developed through a unique collaboration with Advance HE, the UK’s foremost agency for driving excellence and developing leadership in education, and is designed to advance your ability to support learning within higher education. By engaging with global perspectives on academic practice in higher education, you will cultivate your reflective and reflexive learning practice, in turn enhancing your teaching skills in an international context.
Why study this subject?
This programme will support your understanding of the online learning environment and the Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF). The syllabus delves into theories and their practical applications in order to build on your existing skills within education. Each module will start with a ‘setting the scene’ unit to allow time and attention for investigating different interpretations and definitions of the topics you will explore.
This is the first programme of its kind to offer an academic qualification (postgraduate certificate) and professional recognition (FHEA) on successful completion, providing an accelerated and significant career benefit alongside the development of your practice in higher education. The global emphasis of this programme will be particularly helpful if you have an interest in transnational education and want to develop skills to work with international students and faculty.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This programme is designed to be studied wholly online and part-time. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art virtual learning environment, which provides students access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of ebooks and journals.
- Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries. To achieve the full award you will be required to complete 60 credits.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 197 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Applicants should have:
- A degree equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; and
- A teaching position in a higher education institution at descriptor level 2
Applicants must have reached a minimum required standard of English language and are required to provide evidence of this.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 GBP per year during 10 months.
EU/EEA6000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 GBP per year during 10 months.
- The tuition fee is fully inclusive of all costs: teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.