This Business Communication for International Leadership Master's degree course gives you the tools for conducting successful high-level business in an international setting. You'll develop your business leadership and communication skills while learning about working effectively in different cultural contexts.
When you graduate you'll be ready to work internationally in managerial and leadership positions, in areas such as marketing, international banking, human resource management, public relations, sustainability management, stakeholder management, logistics, and distribution management.
This course is designed for non-native speakers (for applicants whose first language is not English). If you are a UK student, you can apply if English is not your first language.
What you'll experience
On this Business Communication for International Leadership Master's from University of Portsmouth , you'll:
- Develop skills in areas vital for business success, including change management, stakeholder management, reputation management, employee relations, sustainability, strategy, and managing diversity
- Learn to engage effectively with international stakeholders
- Develop your language, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills so you can engage effectively in dialogue and negotiations across international boundaries
- Cover key leadership theories and management principles and learn how to apply them in practice in an international context.
- Learn how to understand and address cross-cultural differences, so you can lead a diverse, international workforce effectively
- Immerse yourself in current industry practice by engaging with experts during your studies, through guest lectures, interviews and discussion forums with industry personnel and practitioners
Transferable skills you'll develop include:
- Critical thinking
- Negotiation techniques
- Presentation skills
Careers and opportunities
After you graduate, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from the Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
When you graduate, you'll have a highly sought after skillset and could work in areas such as:
- Corporate communication
- Public relations
- Social enterprise
- Management consultancy
- Human resources
- Logistics and distribution
Work experience and career planning
We can support you in looking for volunteer or part-time work experience while studying. This helps you to apply and further develop what you learn on the course and give your CV a boost.
Our Careers and Employability service can help you find positions in over 200 local and national organisations, including:
- Local theatres
- Prison services
- Adult social care
- IT support services
We've created business relationships with many organisations for student volunteering opportunities in the past. These include:
- Mary Rose Museum
- The Royal Navy
- Portsmouth Mediation Service
- Portsmouth City Council
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- British Heart Foundation
- Spurgeons Children's Charity
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication in Professional Contexts
- Intercultural Communication in Business
- International Leadership and Managing Diversity
- Strategies for Sustainable Leadership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Languages International Business View 1699 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A second-class honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. Exceptionally, equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications will be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.