Participants in this Medical Education programme from University College London (UCL) develop the ability to: adopt a learner-centred teaching approach, structure teaching, and set objectives that enhance their students' learning; apply educational theory and research to their own teaching practice; recognise how assessment theory should inform practice in assessment of medical competence; and appraise both medical trainees and peers.
Teaching and learning
The programmes are part-time, requiring onsite attendance only during the contact days of teaching sessions and tutorials, which include workshop style discussion and practical application 'simulation' sessions. Assessment is through evaluative reports, investigative study proposal and report, a viva during the final stage and the dissertation.UCL regulations require attendance for 70% or more of the module's face-to-face teaching before a student is eligible to submit the assessment for that module.
- Teaching and Learning in Medicine
- Assessment in Medical Education
- Educational Supervision and Clinical Teaching
- Advanced Teaching Skills
- Course and Curriculum Design in Medical Education
- Advanced Clinical Education
- Dissertation Study Module in Medical Education
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1774 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entry to the Postgraduate Certificate of the MSc in Medical Education requires a primary medical qualification. Eligibility for the Postgraduate Diploma requires successful completion of the RCP/UCL Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education. Eligibility for Master's level is dependent on successful completion of the RCP/UCL Postgraduate Diploma.
International26600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26600 GBP per year during 60 months.
National14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 60 months.
- Programme only available on a modular (flexible) basis.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.