The Master of Science in Human Language Science and Technology from University of Malta aims to create education and training opportunities for future generations of leaders in research and innovation in the area of Human Language Technology. It provides students with deep knowledge and insight into the various disciplines that contribute to the methods of LCT and strengthens their ability to work according to scientific methods.
Non-Maltese students spend one year at the University of Malta and another year at a partner University of the LCT consortium. Maltese students spend both years at partner universities of the LCT consortium, other than the University of Malta. In this way all students are offered a substantial taste of international collaboration.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
This degree serves as a qualification for follow-up PhD studies with the participating partners and other institutions or as an additional qualification for a career in the IT industry. In both cases, the degree is a guarantee of high quality education for students who will in the future work on multilingual information management, the development of new technologies for adaptive multimodal and multilingual human-computer dialogue systems, efficient processes for content-management on the Internet, and development of language strategy and quality assurance, especially in the rapidly expanding multilingual European area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computational Morphology and Syntax
- Data Science: From Data to Knowledge
- Mathematics of Discrete Structures
- Web Intelligence
- Applied Machine Learning
- Mining and Visualizing Large-Scale Data
- Language Typology and Universals
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 6 other Masters in Linguistics in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of a first cycle degree classified with a Second Class Honours or Category II or better in one of the following areas of study: (Computational) Linguistics, Language Technology, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, or other relevant disciplines.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate that their standard of English is satisfactory. The offer of a place on the Course may be made subject to the applicants obtaining such proficiency qualifications prior to the commencement of their studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- This is an Erasmus funded programme and students apply with the University of Saarlandes
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.