The Master of Arts in Human Rights Law and Practice from University of Malta aims at giving participants theoretical knowledge and practical know-how of human rights through an analysis of human rights concepts, international, regional and national documents, and the application of such concepts and documents in practice.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Human Rights Law and Practice have progressed in the academic field and moved on to follow PhD programmes. Others have taken their careers further and work as educators or promoters of human rights within their national education or justice system.
Other graduates are employed with NGOs, national, regional and international organisations such as the Council of Europe and the National Commission for the Promotion of Equality.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Rights Theory and Political Philosophy
- Human Rights within the National Legal Framework
- Human Rights Obligations and State Institutions
- Methodology, Research Skills and Legal Analysis
- International Protection of Human Rights
- Rights and Freedoms - Civil, Political, Social, Economic and Cultural
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Legal Studies View 6 other Masters in European Law in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants in possession of:
- a Bachelor degree in Law obtained with at least Second Class Honours or with at least Category II, or in social sciences, or the political sciences, or international relations, or in humanities or
- a Bachelor degree obtained with at least Second Class Honours or with at least Category II in any other area of study deemed relevant by the Board.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10800 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.