Whether your aim is to interpret English and Maltese or English coupled with two other European languages, the programme teaches the current global interpreting market demands.
While undertaking research enhancing your competence in the source languages and your mother tongue, the M.A. allows you to write a dissertation on a topic that piques your interest in a very rich and fulfilling field.
By the end of the Interpreting Studies course, you will:
- Deepen linguistic awareness and understanding the nature of language in general.
- Equip the necessary skills for professional employment in the field of interpreting.
- Undertake research in subject areas for the purpose of interpreting.
- Enhance competence in native language and source languages.
- Develop an ability to identify and operate in a variety of language styles and registers.
- Deal with unexpected or stressful situations during interpreting sessions.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
As a graduate, you will be able to enter a career as an interpreter, translator and teacher. You may choose to enrol in a doctorate programme offered at the University of Malta , or at a foreign university abroad, if you would like to enter an academic career of teaching and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Theory and Practice of Interpretation
- Language Proficiency: Interpreting Skills and Training in Maltese
- Consecutive Interpretation
- Language Proficiency: Interpreting Skills and Training in English
- Community Interpreting
- Court Interpreting
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 5 other Masters in Language Studies in Malta
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants who shall satisfy the following requirements:
- be in possession of any first cycle degree from this University or another higher education institution recognized by Senate, obtained with at least Second Class Honours or Category II or equivalent
- have a good spoken and written command of the English language (IELTS 6.5 level or higher) and
- have a high level of proficiency in one’s own native language (at C2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10800 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
- Total Tuition Fees: Eur 10,800
- Yr 1: Eur 10,800 - Yr 2: NIL
Living costs for Msida
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.