This Master of Social Work from University of Malta , grounded in the critical and creative thinking approach to learning with a strong foundation in systematic inquiry and an evidence-based tradition to learning, prepares students with the values, knowledge and competencies necessary to become competent social workers. Emphasis is placed on practical placements, theoretical and conceptual frameworks, research, and personal and professional development. To this end, students undertake a range of taught study units, a dissertation and two assessed placements in organisations providing social work services.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
A Master of Social Work will give graduates access to the profession of social work, and opportunities for working in the different settings of social work. This includes working in the areas of children and families, the elderly, disability, addictions, mental health, education, rehabilitation, health, diversity and anti-oppression, community work, poverty, and inclusion, amongst others.
The degree is a pathway to further studies like specialist Masters or Doctoral studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work Theory and Models of Practice
- Helping Skills for Social Work Practice
- Methods and Processes in Social Work
- Social Work as a Regulated Profession
- Personal Development
- Social Work Professional Identity and Ethical Practice
- Advanced Research Methods for Social Work and Social Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
- Introduction Week
- Opening Ceremony
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants who are in possession of the following qualifications:
- a Bachelor degree from this University or any higher education institution recognised by Senate, obtained with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in Social Policy, Psychology, Youth and Community Studies or Social Wellbeing Studies or
- a Bachelor degree from this University or another higher education institution recognised by Senate, obtained with at least Category IIA in any two of the following areas of study: Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology or Social Studies or
- a Bachelor degree from this University or another higher education institution recognised by Senate.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21600 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.