The Translation and Terminology Studies course from University of Malta offers a main core study programme combined with a specialisation stream. This enables students to develop solid foundations in translation studies in general, while at the same time having the opportunity to focus on one of the three specialisation fields offered: audiovisual translation, literary translation and translation for specific purposes.
Language combinations on offer are:
- English into Maltese, Italian, Spanish, French, German
- Maltese, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese into English or Maltese (from Italian, French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese)
Candidates can choose only ONE language combination from (A) and ONE from (B). Language combinations are subject to availability.
Career opportunites and access to further studies
The course equips candidates with the skills necessary to pursue careers as translators and researchers in fields which are constantly experiencing a significant increase in market demand such as:
- broadcasting and film industry
- publishing industry
- literary translation industry
- European institutions
- technical, scientific, financial translation
- court and legal translation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Terminology and Translation
- Translation Theory (Historical Issues and Recurrent Themes)
- Computer-Aided Translation
- Language Analysis: Semantics, Pragmatics and Semiotics
- Research Methods in Translation Studies
- Approaches to Audiovisual Translation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Translation & Interpreting Linguistics
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
The Course shall be open to applicants who shall satisfy the following requirements:
- be in possession of any first cycle degree from this University or another higher education institution recognized by Senate, obtained with at least Second Class Honours or Category II or equivalent
- have a good spoken and written command of the English language (IELTS 6.5 level or higher) and
- have a high level of proficiency in one’s own native language (at C2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10800 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
- Annual Enrolment Fee: Eur 400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.