During this Video Game and Media Composition programme of ThinkSpace Education, you will cover the skills taught in both our Composing for Video Games and Professional Media Composition degree courses.
Video games are now the largest single sector in the entertainment industry, closely followed by television. We train you to write for both in this wide ranging, challenging, creative and technical preparation to enter the industry as a composer of all types of composition.
On this course, you will learn:
- To write in a wide variety of styles, using different compositional techniques.
- Different ways of creating an interactive video game experience, allowing the score to respond seamlessly to gameplay.
- A wide variety of market sectors from animation to trailers, documentary to feature films.
- To use FMOD and WWise to implement your music interactively in fully functional Unity games, many specially licenced for the course, including commercial releases.
- About music business, copyright, how to find work, how to pitch, create a demo reel and develop a career.
- The technical and creative aspects of writing to picture, spotting a film, and working with hitpoints and markers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Game Audio Technology
- Game Music and Audio
- Writing In Styles
- Writing To A Brief
- Writing To Picture
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic Video Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences View 11 other Masters in Video Games & Multimedia in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants are required to have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any subject. A limited number of places are available for non-degree holders (see the ‘Recognition of Prior Learning’ section). We assume that completion of an undergraduate degree shows the applicant has the required level of academic ability to complete the course. Where applicants have been out of education for some time or come from a very different discipline, we can provide additional support through one to one tutorials during their course.
International9975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National9975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.