New forms of using and creating art have emerged since the arrival of internet and social media. The master track Art and Media Studies of Tilburg University gives you in-depth knowledge on how on- and offline innovations develop and what their implications are for the societies in which we live.
This program is perfect for students who are interested in the effects of digitalization on contemporary cultural and artistic phenomena in the domains of the public sphere, contemporary media culture, the arts, literature and aesthetic philosophy.
It prepares you for a career in the cultural industry such as cultural organisations, news and media environments, and with museums and event organizers.
Become a communication and culture professional, capable of analyzing, understanding and evaluating various digital infrastructures and their consequences for everyday life, ready to perform a pivotal role in ongoing digital and societal developments.You will find jobs in the field of (digital) journalism, culture, communication, education and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
This one-year master’s track in Art and Media Studies consists of 9 courses ( 6 core, 2 research, 1 elective) and a master's thesis.
Typical courses are:
- New private and public spheres
- Beauty and the sublime online
- Intimacy, privacy and authenticity
- Authorship and persona
- Performance, Ritual, Art & the Body
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- 6 core courses (33 ECTS)
- 2 research courses (6 ECTS)
- 1 elective course (6 ECTS)
- and a Master's thesis (15 ECTS)
DisciplinesCreative Writing Liberal Arts Media Studies & Mass Media View 5 other Masters in Creative Writing in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tilburg University and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You are certainly eligible to apply if you have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, such as Culture Studies, Liberal Arts and Sciences, Religious Studies, Communication and Media Studies, Modern Language, Anthropology, Comparative Literature, Political Sciences, Philosophy.
- However, the academic background of the students in our Master's program varies a lot. Students with a Bachelor's degree in a different subject area are also most welcome to apply.
- You need to prove your English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2253 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2253 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Tilburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Tilburg School of Humanities and Digital Sciences Partner Scholarship for talented students from partner universities.Find more information on https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/education/masters-programmes/tuition-fees-scholarships/tshscholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.