It is a joint project of the Faculties of Statistics, Computer Science and Mathematics. As the tasks are always and rapidly changing in this research field, the study program provides a sound statistical and mathematical theory and teaches contemporary methods and knowledge.
Hence, the students are capable to do scientific research, have a scientific awareness and can trade it responsibly. The interdisciplinary ability to communicate about methods and their application, especially at the interface between statistics, computer science, mathematics and fields of application, is a key aspect of the study program.
- This Data Science programme from TU Dortmund University gives students the opportunity to deepen and broaden their research skills and methodological competence, subsequent to their B.Sc. in Data Science or related programs.
- They are able to develop new methods and to manage and direct large data projects. The students become experts in this field and are highly sought after by employers in many areas, particularly for the independent handling of projects with large amounts of data.
- For qualified students, the program opens up the possibility for doctoral studies afterwards.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This course offers different core and elective modules. The selection of modules can be chosen from a wide range of different courses according to the individual interests of the student.
- Through internships and project work courses as well as the Master thesis, students have the opportunity to apply their gained knowledge.
- Based upon previous studies, the advanced courses cover statistical theory, statistical learning, big data, and the application of methods in chosen areas of study (case study, seminars and electives).
- Emphasis is placed on the development and application of efficient procedures for analyzing in particular very large amounts of data. There are eleven modules (including a six month Master thesis) during the two years of study.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMathematics Data Science & Big Data View 40 other Masters in Mathematics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A suitable Bachelor’s degree. There are two possibilities:
- You have completed a Bachelor's degree in Data Science at TU Dortmund University
- You have completed another Bachelor’s degree at a German university
- School report/school leaving certificate (secondary education) in the original language and a translation in German or English
- Language certificate (Please confer “Which language certificate do I need?”)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- In Germany all public universities are free of tuition fees. However, students are requested to pay a social contribution fee.
Living costs for Dortmund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.