Our unique Masters programme Computing (Data Science) from Institute of Technology Sligo combines 6 taught modules with a strong research project, where students are given the opportunity to implement their learning within a real-life context.
Programming for Data Science will introduce the learner to the core concepts of data science programming.
The student will be introduced to the Python programming language (specifically SciPy) generally, and will employ functions to manipulate lists, before implementing multi-dimensional arrays using Numpy or similar in order to perform statistical operations and linear equations.
The student will then manipulate data frames and time-series data using pandas or similar. SQL programming will also be introduced. Finally, the student will create, populate and query a NoSQL cloud database.
Data Scientists will implement and assess the models for increasingly complex and technical roles currently required by industry. Skills such as Artificial Intelligence and Data Science are highly sought after in manufacturing, insurance, retail, health & education sectors to harness opportunities associated with researching and making decisions based on data.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introductory Programming for Data Science
- Applied Statistics and Probability
- Data Analytics and Visualisation
- Machine Learning
- Programming for Big Data
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Software Engineering Artificial Intelligence
- To qualify for entry to the programme a standard applicant must hold a Level 8 Honours Degree 2:2 or above.
- While it expected that most applicants will have an honours degree in Computer Science or related discipline, due to the multidisciplinary nature of Data Science an Honours Degree in Engineering, Business and Science will be sufficient.
- However, some programming knowledge (Ideally Python or C/C++ or R) and mathematics knowledge are prerequisites to the course.
International3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
EU/EEA3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR for the full programme during 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.