Students with a strong anthropology background will learn to apply analytical methods from cognate disciplines such as chemistry, physics, geology and biology to archaeological research, and students from the cognate disciplines will learn about archaeological research and methods in order to more effectively apply their discipline-specific knowledge.
For this reason, Archaeological Science from Lakehead University will be both transdisciplinary and interdisciplinary. Research topics can encompass work in a wide array of research areas, including archaeology, archaeobotany, archaeometry, digital archaeology, archaeochemistry, bioarchaeology, classical archaeology, paleoanthropology, paleoecology, geoarchaeology, archaeoinformatics, archaeological physics, molecular archaeology and zooarchaeology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Archaeological Science Seminar
- Advanced Archaeological Microscopy
- Issues in Archaeological Science
- Method and Theory in Archaeology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology Anthropology History View 32 other Masters in Anthropology in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our minimum admission requirement for international applicants is 75% or 3.0 on a 4 point Canadian scale, with an accredited university degree equivalent to a Lakehead University 4 year degree.
- We advise all international students to apply early, as admission into our programs is competitive. Should you wish to apply to a thesis program, we strongly advise you to contact a potential supervisor and have your proof of English language proficiency complete.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National5388 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2694 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Thunder Bay
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.