The English Literatures and Cultures programme of University of Bonn is a 2-year graduate programme dealing with literatures and cultures of Great Britain and the postcolonial world. All our classes are held in English.
If you are aiming at a career that requires a higher qualification, our programme may be the right choice for you! You will be studying in an international environment: a large number of our students come from abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Renaissance in England
- Eighteenth- and Nineteenth- Century British Literatures and Cultures
- British Literatures and Cultures: from the Twentieth Century to the Present
- Postcolonial Literatures and Cultures
- Professional Training
- From Page to Stage
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 37 other Masters in Language Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A strong interest in anglophone literatures and cultures around the globe.
- A Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree acquired in Germany or abroad
- Your degree must include at least 36 credit points (Bonn) or an equivalent number in English Studies. The overall subject focus of your B.A. should be in the humanities or social sciences.
- Applicants are required to have completed language practice modules (minimum 18 CP), and modules focusing on literary history, theory and cultural studies
- International students need a certificate of intermediate German language proficiency (DSH-1, TestDaF TDN 3).
- Proficiency in a third language is highly desirable.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.