The Women and Gender Studies program of University of Toronto explores the temporal and geographic processes through which women’s and men’s lives, sexed relations, gendered subjectivities, and sexualities are situated.
The MA program is a full-time program and cannot be taken on a part-time basis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Topics in Feminist Studies
- Special Topics in Feminist Theory
- Practicum in Women and Gender Studies
- Migration, Mobility, and Displacement in Contemporary Africa
- Gender and Globalization: Transnational Perspectives
- Black Diasporic Feminisms: Modernity, Freedom, Belonging
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 38 other Masters in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Canada
- An appropriate bachelor's degree in women's studies and gender studies or a related area at an approved university. Applicants must have obtained an average equivalent to a University of Toronto B+ or better in their final year of undergraduate study.
- Letter of intent outlining the academic goals the applicant wishes to pursue in the program, two letters of recommendation, and transcripts from all post-secondary institutions.
International23770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23770 CAD per year during 36 months.
National6210 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6210 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.