However, since the animals are usually anaesthetized or decerebrated in these experiments, and since such reduction processes are known to alter the synaptic interactions, it is not possible to directly apply these findings to human subjects. The Medical Physiology programme is offered by Koc University .
Therefore, details of the synaptic interactions between sensory or cortical afferents and motoneurons, the process of feed-back from the peripheral receptors to the motoneurons, the pathways used in these processes, and conditions where such synaptic interactions are modulated are still unknown in human subjects.
Because of the fact that we do not yet understand the functions of the neuromuscular system in human subjects, we cannot develop knowledge based methods for diagnosing and treating neuromuscular dysfunctions. The main aim of this project therefore is to investigate some of the functions of the human neuromuscular system.
Current projects in the lab aim to:
- Discover the EMG interference in EEG;
- Discover the functions of the Renshaw circuitry in human motor control;
- Discover the physiology of the vibration induced reflex responses;
- Investigate the cortically evoked silent period using frequency analysis;
- Study the ALS effect on motor neurons of humans and experimental animals.
Methods and Design:
- To achieve the above-mentioned goals, we stimulate either the peripheral receptors using mechanical or electrical means or the motor cortex using transcranial magnetic stimulator.
- The response of skeletal muscles to such stimuli are recorded using surface and intramuscular electromyography electrodes to estimate the properties of the neuronal circuitries, number of synapses and the properties of the synaptic potentials.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods In Physiology
- Membrane Physiology
- Organ Systems Physiology
- Investigation Of Human Nervous System
- Endocrine Physiology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Resume / CV (Personal and Educational Background Information)
- Statement of Purpose
- 3 Recommendation Letters
- Official transcripts from all the universities attended
- English language proficiency test results (either TOEFL for Master’s or PhD programs or YDS/YÖKDİL for Turkish applicants)
- GRE test scores
- ALES (for Turkish applicants)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13012 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.