During the Pharmacology program of University of Toronto students are expected to undertake self-directed study and demonstrate proficiency in pharmacological principles throughout the course of the program. They are able to engage in one of two formats of study: 1) thesis-based study or 2) course-based study in the field of Applied Clinical Pharmacology.
In the thesis-based study, students are expected to think critically about scientific issues and develop a knowledge base in pharmacology while formulating hypotheses in a specific area of pharmacological research. They will test their hypotheses through active research and present their investigations in a thesis.
In the course-based Applied Clinical Pharmacology field, students will engage in research and hands-on training in academic, commercial, health care, and government settings. Courses will feature a breadth of fundamental and applied pharmacology topics with emphasis on translational research.
The MSc program can be taken on a full-time or part-time basis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Systems Pharmacology
- Graduate Pharmacology
- Seminars in Pharmacology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Cognitive Neuropharmacology
- Applied Skills in Clinical Pharmacology
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPharmacy View 15 other Masters in Pharmacy in Canada
- Appropriate bachelor's degree from a recognized university with a final-year average of at least a B+.
- Applicants are normally required to have taken courses in physiology, biochemistry, or applied sciences sufficient to form a foundation for their work in pharmacology.
- All successful applicants are responsible for obtaining research supervision and financial support before they are permitted to officially register in their program.
International31320 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31320 CAD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National10550 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10550 CAD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.