The Geography program of University of Toronto offers studies in areas of human geography, including historical/social/cultural geography, urban/economic geography, environmental geography and resource management and some areas of spatial information systems. Applicants should apply to the MA degree program (rather than the MSc) if their planned research contains a substantial human geography component and if two-thirds of their planned coursework comprises Geography courses accepted by the department as social science courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Geography Core Course
- Issues in Geographic Thought and Practice
- Physical Geography Core Course
- Advanced Research Design
- Advanced Qualitative Research: Methodology and Epistemological Foundations for Planning and Geography
- An appropriate bachelor's degree from a recognized university with a minimum standing equivalent to at least a University of Toronto B+ in the final two years.
International23770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23770 CAD per year during 36 months.
National6210 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6210 CAD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.