The Geography program of University of Toronto offers studies in areas of human geography, including historical/social/cultural geography, urban/economic geography, environmental geography and resource management and some areas of spatial information systems. Applicants should apply to the MA degree program (rather than the MSc) if their planned research contains a substantial human geography component and if two-thirds of their planned coursework comprises Geography courses accepted by the department as social science courses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Human Geography Core Course
- Issues in Geographic Thought and Practice
- Physical Geography Core Course
- Advanced Research Design
- Advanced Qualitative Research: Methodology and Epistemological Foundations for Planning and Geography
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography View 38 other Masters in Geography in Canada
- An appropriate bachelor's degree from a recognized university with a minimum standing equivalent to at least a University of Toronto B+ in the final two years.
International23770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23770 CAD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National6210 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6210 CAD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.