Students in the Health Project Management programme from Institute of Technology, Sligo will gain insights into using leadership skills for the effective management of change. Students will also become proficient in a range of research methods and tools in qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research approaches.
Objectives of Post-Graduate Certificate in Health Project Management
- To develop knowledge and analytical skills in the planning and delivery of evidence based health projects.
- To develop leadership and health project management competencies and show evidence of using these in health or other settings
- To develop competencies in quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods research design
- To develop self – reflective and leadership skills in the management of organisational change and in health project management
- To develop professional practice skills to work autonomously and in collaboration with a broad range of relevant stakeholders.
Graduates will be suitably qualified to work in a wide range of health, community and workplace settings.
Roles may include health promotion and development officers for a range of topics for example sport/physical activity, mental health and sexual health with various population groups.
Graduates may pursue careers as health project officers or health project managers, development officers, researchers and as wellness practitioners.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Health Project Management
- Quantitative Methods for Health Research
- Change Management and Leadership in Health Project Management
- Qualitative & Mixed Methods for Health Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Health Management Health Sciences View 122 other Masters in Health Sciences in Ireland
- Applications with a 2.2 Honours award in a relevant discipline may apply.
- Applicants who do not meet this entry criterion may be considered through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- As Healthy Ireland encourages all sectors of society to engage in promoting health we welcome graduates from a wide variety of backgrounds including but not limited to health science/ health promotion, sport and leisure, education, social sciences and childcare.
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.