During the Cinema Studies program of University of Toronto students have the option to concurrently enrol in one of the collaborative specializations at U of T, such as Sexual Diversity Studies, Women and Gender Studies, or Transnational and Diaspora Studies, which entails also registering for their specific core courses. The MA in Cinema Studies is a full-time program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories and Practices of Cinema
- Key Developments in Film History
- Internship in Cinema Studies
- Models of Film Analysis
- Special Studies in Cinema
- Independent Research and Reading in Cinema Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 36 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Canada
- Successful completion of an appropriate four-year University of Toronto bachelor's degree, or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Minimum B+ standing, demonstrated by an average grade in the final year, or over senior-level courses.
- Successful completion of a minimum of 6.0 full-course equivalents (FCEs) in cinema studies, or comparable program preparation.
- A letter of intent addressing the academic goals an applicant wishes to pursue in the program.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions.
- An academic writing sample of no more than 3,000 words.
International23770 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23770 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National6210 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6210 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.