About this Degree
With concentrations in Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics and Quantum Computing, our program will provide students with a truly unparalleled academic experience. Not only will students learn from world-class faculty about the latest developments in cutting edge technologies, they also have the opportunity to apply that knowledge through a practical applied-research internship at one of our partner companies.
The Applied Computing MScAC program at the University of Toronto is offered as a general Computer Science program (i.e., no concentration) or as a concentration in Applied Mathematics, Data Science, or Quantum Computing.
- 1.0 FCE in required courses: technical communications (CSC2701H) and technical entrepreneurship (CSC2702H).
- An eight-month industrial internship, CSC2703H (3.5 FCEs). The internship is coordinated by the department and evaluated on a pass/fail basis.
- There is no thesis requirement.
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
3.0 full-course equivalents (FCEs)
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Machine Learning View 79 other Masters in Software Engineering in Canada
- Applicants are admitted under the General Regulations of the School of Graduate Studies. Applicants must also satisfy the Department of Computer Science's additional admission requirements stated below.
- An appropriate bachelor's degree from a recognized university in computer science or a related discipline.
- A standing equivalent to at least B+ in the final year of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English and who have graduated from a university where the primary language of instruction is not English must submit results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Three letters of support from faculty and/or employers.
- A statement of purpose explaining the applicant's interest in computer science and objectives for the program.
International38580 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38580 CAD per year during 16 months.
National11220 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11220 CAD per year during 16 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.