The aim of the Postgraduate Diploma in Sports and Exercise Nutrition at the Institute of Technology Sligo is to produce sports nutritionists who are strongly focused on the science behind the subject, and who also have experience of the practicalities of delivering the latest evidence based guidance to individuals and teams who are looking to maximise the sports performance benefits of nutrition to complement their training programmes.
This course covers the key principles of exercise physiology and sports nutrition and aims to develop critical awareness of topics across these areas of study. It also explores important issues within sports nutrition such as the use of supplements and ergogenic aids and critically analyses the key evidence for and against their use and reported implications for exercise performance.
Career choices for qualified Sport and Exercise Nutritionists can include leading sports nutrition programmes for individual athletes, sports teams and recreational athletes, providing nutritional support for physical activity or weight management initiatives, working with local, national or international sporting bodies or nutrition companies, leading research into specific areas which utilise nutrition to improve performance, food product development as well as nutritional support to national governing bodies and sports organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nutrition, health and fitness assessment
- Exercise Physiology & Metabolism
- Essentials in human nutrition
- Human Nutrition and Exercise Physiology and Metabolism
- Nutrition and Performance
- Professional Skills for Sports Nutritionists
- Advanced Performance Nutrition
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences View 4 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in Ireland
- Applications with a 2.2 Honours award in a relevant discipline (Nutrition, Dietetics, Sport Science, Health, Public Health, Allied Health or a cognate area as deemed suitable by the programme committee) may apply.
- Applicants who do not meet this entry criterion may be considered through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
International2333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA2333 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.