The Geotechnical or Structural Engineering joint programme from the Atlantic Technological University is also attractive to experienced Civil Engineers who are seeking to move from a different area of expertise into the Geotechnical and /or Structural Engineering domains.
Graduates of the programme can work as design or site engineers in the areas of Geotechnical / Structural Engineering at a level of responsibility appropriate to the increasingly complex and technical roles currently required by industry.
Graduates of the programme work as design and site engineers in the area of Geotechnical / Structural Engineering at a level of responsibility appropriate to the increasingly complex and technical roles currently required by industry.
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Soil - Structure Interaction
- Design of Building Structures
- Design of Bridge Structures
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Atlantic Technological University and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The minimum entry requirements are a second class honours (2.2) award in a professionally accredited (Engineers Ireland Chartered Engineer with further learning or equivalent) Honours degree (Level 8) in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Applicants with other qualifications and with relevant work experience may also be considered through ATU Sligo’s Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) process
International4499 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8998 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.