The programme at University College Dublin is aimed at advancing the registered nurse’s repertoire of knowledge and skills in Cancer Nursing; it is particularly aimed at preparing the nurse to assume the role of clinical nurse specialist in their chosen speciality - Adult, Breast, Children or Colorectal Nursing.
Possessing a broad and deep understanding of the theory and skills required for caring for patients with cancerous conditions, you will be well positioned to work in a variety of settings specialising in your chosen area both nationally and internationally.
As the programme is particularly aimed at preparing nurses to assume the role of clinical nurse specialist, many nurses eventually take up CNS positions and some may undertake further study required for the role of ANP in Adult, Breast, Childrens or Colorectal care. Many nurses also proceed to assume CNM/Educational/Clinical Facilitator roles.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Cancer Care
- Psychological Impact Of Chronic Illness (PICI)
- Adult Cancer Nursing
- Clinical Practicum (Adult Cancer Nursing)
- Breast Care Nursing
- Clinical Practicum (Breast Care)
- Children's Cancer Nursing
- Clinical Practicum (Children's Cancer Nursing) or
- Colorectal Nursing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 72 other Masters in Nursing in Ireland
- Applicants must hold a primary degree in Nursing (or equivalent in related discipline)/APEL consideration if no degree
- Applicants must be entered onto the appropriate division of the Nurses Register maintained by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) (be registered as an RGN)
- Other criteria to be used in the assessment of the application include number of years of experience, and evidence of ongoing professional development
International17070 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17070 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8860 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8860 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.