In partnership with the Centre for Digital Media, you can earn your master’s degree through an intensive program that prepares you for advanced career opportunities and entrepreneurship. This program, through real-world projects and coursework, gives you valuable leadership experience, training, and top industry connections.
Designed by current industry leaders, this program helps prepare you to advance and establish your dream career in this challenging, creative field.
Who should apply for the Master of Digital Media Program?
The Digital Media program of the British Columbia Institute of Technology might be right for you if:
- You already have earned a bachelor’s degree
- You’re interested in digital technology
- You’re excited about a creative, challenging career
What grads can doBy working in small teams, you’ll collaborate on intensive, four-month projects, often with industry clients for real-world experience. Past clients have included top companies in the digital arts, including Electronic Arts, Autodesk, Microsoft, and Telefonica, as well as government and non-profit organizations. For some graduates, industry projects have turned into successful start-up ventures or job opportunities that range from interactive advertising technology to mobile and social network games.By earning practical, hands-on skills through working with industry professionals, you’ll be prepared to grow your career as a creator and producer of digital media.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Digital Media
- The Visual Story
- Special Topics in Digital Media
- Game Design
- Improvisation for Collaboration
- Projects I - Building Virtual Worlds
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 40 other Masters in Digital Communication in Canada
- Applicants must have completed a 4-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) acceptable to all four CDM partner institutions in a field related to digital media
- Minimum overall average in the B+ range (76% or higher) in 3rd and 4th year courses
- English Language Proficiency
- Samples of Your Work: upload through the online system AND/OR link to your online portfolio digital samples or works that best demonstrate your skills in digital media.
- Letter of Intent / Max 750 words
- Short Formal Essay / Max 750 words
- Program Survey Form
- Official Transcripts
International38604 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19302 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National23212 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11606 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Burnaby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.