In partnership with the Centre for Digital Media, you can earn your master’s degree through an intensive program that prepares you for advanced career opportunities and entrepreneurship. This program, through real-world projects and coursework, gives you valuable leadership experience, training, and top industry connections.
Designed by current industry leaders, this program helps prepare you to advance and establish your dream career in this challenging, creative field.
Who should apply for the Master of Digital Media Program?
The Digital Media program of the British Columbia Institute of Technology might be right for you if:
- You already have earned a bachelor’s degree
- You’re interested in digital technology
- You’re excited about a creative, challenging career
What grads can doBy working in small teams, you’ll collaborate on intensive, four-month projects, often with industry clients for real-world experience. Past clients have included top companies in the digital arts, including Electronic Arts, Autodesk, Microsoft, and Telefonica, as well as government and non-profit organizations. For some graduates, industry projects have turned into successful start-up ventures or job opportunities that range from interactive advertising technology to mobile and social network games.By earning practical, hands-on skills through working with industry professionals, you’ll be prepared to grow your career as a creator and producer of digital media.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Digital Media
- The Visual Story
- Special Topics in Digital Media
- Game Design
- Improvisation for Collaboration
- Projects I - Building Virtual Worlds
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVideo Games & Animation Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 5 other Masters in Digital Marketing in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at British Columbia Institute of Technology and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants must have completed a 4-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) acceptable to all four CDM partner institutions in a field related to digital media
- Minimum overall average in the B+ range (76% or higher) in 3rd and 4th year courses
- English Language Proficiency
- Samples of Your Work: upload through the online system AND/OR link to your online portfolio digital samples or works that best demonstrate your skills in digital media.
- Letter of Intent / Max 750 words
- Short Formal Essay / Max 750 words
- Program Survey Form
- Official Transcripts
International40150 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20075 CAD per semester during 16 months.
National23682 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11841 CAD per semester during 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.