The world’s major commercial hubs, including Doha, rely on those equipped with legal and business tools to sustain and grow international trade and investment. Critical to this reliance is a culture based on the law. Understanding relevant legal principles, and how they apply to a myriad of existing and new situations, is key to the success of anyone working in this dynamic area.
The International Economic and Business Law program of the Hamad Bin Khalifa University examines a wide range of issues relating to international business and does so in an innovative, comparative manner so that students develop analytical and problem-solving skills while gaining substantive knowledge.
- The program provides students with a comprehensive knowledge of critical substantive areas relevant to the role of the lawyer in a global context. This focus is fitting given HBKU’s location in Qatar – one of the world’s most prosperous economies with vibrant and fast-growing business, energy, financial, construction, aviation, maritime, media, sports, health care, and tourism sectors.
- Students gain expertise relevant to the structure of international business transactions, entrepreneurship, e-commerce, financing risk management, international trade law, international investment law, international banking and finance, intellectual property law, international environmental law, and the resolution of disputes in these and other areas.
- Contract Law
- Commercial Law
- Academic Legal Writing and Research Methods
- Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility in a Global Context
- Transnational Law
- Infrastructure Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics International Law Business Law
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree or Juris Doctor (JD) degree from a recognized university with a minimum 3.0 GPA (out of 4), with a preference given to candidates with at least a minimum 3.3 GPA (out of 4)
- Official electronic copies of transcripts should be submitted as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation
- Applicants should submit a personal statement as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit a copy of their current resume or curriculum vitae
- All applicants should submit an electronic copy of their passport as part of the online application
- LL.M. applicants are required to submit a research proposal (1,000 words) that illustrates their readiness to explore a particular research question, along with their application
International15037 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15037 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National15037 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15037 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- QAR 54,750 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.