The Information Systems in Health Management programme from Hamad Bin Khalifa University addresses the shortage in skilled resources with expertise in health information systems, which is urgently required, as highlighted in the National E-Health and Data Management Strategy commissioned by the Ministry of Public Health in 2015.
While Qatar has already started the digitization of health records and implementation of digital-based data collection and storage systems, there is limited access to expertise in implementation and management of such health information systems.
Graduates of this program will be able to pursue a variety of career paths in different healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, primary care facilities, national health services, physician offices, insurance providers, long-term care organizations, pharmacies, IT companies, industries linked to health information and management functions, health information and research centers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Technology Project Management
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Information Systems Management
- Healthcare Information Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Management Business Information Systems Health Informatics
- Applicants seeking admission to the Master of Information Systems in Health Management should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent) in any of the following areas: computer science, information systems, computer engineering, or health and medical fields. Applicants from other backgrounds with relevant work experience may also be considered. Applicants with prior research experience are preferred.
- Applicants are required to submit an IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 79 to demonstrate their proficiency in English.
- While the GRE is not required for admission, a strong GRE score will help strengthen the applicant’s admission material.
International25063 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50127 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National25063 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50127 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
QAR 182,500 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.