Translation Studies from University of Ottawa consists of compulsory and optional seminars and courses, followed by a basic or applied research requirement. It may be undertaken full-time or part-time.
Students at Translation Studies from University of Ottawa will:
- have practical experience in translation
- get advanced training in areas such as terminology, computerized translation or translation teaching.
- Translation Theory
- Computers and Translation
- Language and Translation
- Translation Workshop
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 69 other Masters in Languages in Canada
- An Honours B.A. in Translation, or an equivalent with a minimum average of B. Applicants who do not have an honours degree in Translation may in suitable cases be recommended by the STI for admission to a qualifying program.
- Resume (must include chronological academic history)
- Letter of intent
- 2 Recommendation letters
- English Proficiency
International18168 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9084 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2456 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.