Bilingualism Studies from University of Ottawa is proud of the state of the art research conducted by its professors. In the spirit of showcasing its research to the university community as well as to the general public, the Faculty has created three activities: Dean's Lecture Series, Treasures of the Library, and Excellence Lectures.
Students at Bilingualism Studies from University of Ottawa will gain knowledge in:
- Canada and the World
- Molecular and Environmental Sciences
- Issues in Bilingualism Studies
- Research Methodology in Bilingualism Studies
- Assessment of Second Language Competence
- Trends and Issues in Research on Technology-Assisted Learning
- Electronic Corpora in Second Language Learning
- Adult Second/Foreign Language Skills Development
- Language Planning and Policy in Canada
- The Politics of Language, Power and Identity: Canada and the World
- Bilingualism in the workplace
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 82 other Masters in Language Studies in Canada
- An honours bachelor's degree or equivalent in Second Language Teaching / Didactique des langues secondes, in Applied Linguistics or in a related discipline.
- A three-year bachelor’s degree in Applied Linguistics or a related discipline in addition to a university-level, university-administered advanced certificate in TESOL (Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages), representing a minimum of 30 units.
- The minimum admission average is 70% (B), calculated in accordance with graduate studies guidelines.
- 2 Recommendation letters
- Resume (must include chronological academic history)
- Letter of intent
- English Proficiency
International4914 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2457 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4914 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2457 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.