With approximately 1,600 students and 150 full-time and part-time professors, the Faculty of Education at the University of Ottawa stands out as an enriching environment in which professors, students and community partners contribute to our innovative graduate programs.
Regardless of whether you are looking to become an expert educator, a school/board administrator, a research leader or a program evaluator, our professors will give you the means to have a positive impact on the community and graduate qualifications to advance and enrich your careers.
The Master of Arts in Education (Counselling Psychology) Program (MA) at University of Ottawa is intended for candidates who wish to undertake research in a specific domain of educational studies. It is offered in the following five concentrations:
- Counselling psychology
- Health professions education
- Leadership, evaluation, curriculum and policy studies
- Societies, cultures and languages
- Studies in teaching and learning
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Perspectives in Education
- Inter-Professional Education in the Health Professions
- Inclusive and Special Education
- Social and Political Issues in Second Language Education
- Mathematical Thinking Across the Mathematics Curriculum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology View 16 other Masters in Educational Psychology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates holding an honours bachelor's degree in education or equivalent, with a minimum overall undergraduate average of 70% (B), may be admitted directly to the master's program, except for the Counselling Psychology concentration
- Candidates for the concentration in Counselling Psychology must hold an undergraduate degree in education, psychology, or equivalent.
- Applications for admission will not be considered until all supporting documents have been received. Correspondence should be directed to the academic secretariat of the Faculty of Education.
- Students and the Faculty are bound by conditions that exist at the time of admission and initial enrollment.
International22356 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11178 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National6308 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3154 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.