An international perspective threads all units with global examples and statistics, including national approaches to common problems as well as cross-cultural and indigenous people’s views and experiences.
Students’ learning will be personalised by flexible content choices and ‘MyContext’, assessments which apply course content to individual students’ contexts.
Graduates of the Master of Dementia at University of Tasmania will possess the skills and critical faculties to identify and evaluate primary evidence, international practices and appropriate resources to inform their professional and personal dealings in meeting and anticipating the needs of people with dementia.
They will be capable of designing inquiries and research projects to provide necessary data for informed decision making.
All students and alumni of the MDem will be able to share their knowledge via online professional communities of practice, hosted by Wicking and available to them indefinitely after graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health and Social Care in Dementia
- Neurobiology of Dementia
- Policies and Systems in Dementia
- Public Health and Dementia
- Methods for Dementia Research
- Major Project in Dementia Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesNeuroscience Cognitive Sciences View 3 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code 00586B
- Completed undergraduate degree of an Australian higher education institution (AQF7) or equivalent.
- We recommend that candidates complete the Understanding Dementia MOOC prior to enrolment, if their previous degree is not related to dementia.
- An IELTS score with an overall band of 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0) is required or other approved method of meeting UTAS English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12140 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18210 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.