Software product management defines how the life cycle of a digital product is managed, planned and governed. Continuous business change, imposed by new technology and the digitalisation of businesses and the society, forms the environment for modern software development.
The Master's programme in Software Product Management and Business from LUT University builds on the Bachelor's Programme in Software Engineering and aims to develop professional skills towards understanding complex software-intensive business environments and long-term management aspects of software engineering.
To start the studies directly with a pre-existing Bachelor's degree, at least 24 ECTS credits in software engineering or related subjects (computer science, information sciences or information technology) are required, but the Bachelor's degree may be from a different field.
The programme is well suited for people already in the working world because its teaching mainly consists of intensive periods on Fridays and Saturdays.
After graduation, you will have good competencies to work as an expert in the software industry in development, management and business development.Typical job titles include:
- senior software developer
- software product manager
- product owner
- business development director.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core studies include courses on software engineering models and methods, requirements engineering, running a software project, and research design methods.
- Advanced specialisation studies focus on software product management, software business processes, software innovation and software portfolio management.
- Elective studies may be selected from any disciplines at LUT to complement your studies.
- The Master's thesis is an advanced research project which requires approximately six months of full-time work. Students complete it during their fourth semester.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Regular application period
- 1 December − 20 January
- 1 November − 31 May
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 15 other Masters in Software Engineering in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Degrees Completed Worldwide (excluding Finland)
- Bachelor of Science in Technology OR closely related to Technology - Completed in a University (all countries)
- Bachelor of Engineering - Completed in a University of Applied Sciences (EU/EEA countries)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Informatics or in Business Information Technology - Completed in a University (all countries)
- Bachelor of Business in Informatics or in Business Information Technology - Completed in a University of Applied Sciences (all countries)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lahti
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.