Software product management defines how the life cycle of a digital product is managed, planned and governed. Continuous business change, imposed by new technology and the digitalisation of businesses and the society, forms the environment for modern software development.
The Master's programme in Software Product Management and Business from LUT University builds on the Bachelor's Programme in Software Engineering and aims to develop professional skills towards understanding complex software-intensive business environments and long-term management aspects of software engineering.
To start the studies directly with a pre-existing Bachelor's degree, at least 24 ECTS credits in software engineering or related subjects (computer science, information sciences or information technology) are required, but the Bachelor's degree may be from a different field.
The programme is well suited for people already in the working world because its teaching mainly consists of intensive periods on Fridays and Saturdays.
After graduation, you will have good competencies to work as an expert in the software industry in development, management and business development.Typical job titles include:
- senior software developer
- software product manager
- product owner
- business development director.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Software engineering models and methods
- Requirements engineering
- Running a software project
- Research design methods
- Software product management
- Software business processes
- Software innovation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Regular Admission period: 2 December -22 January
- Rolling Admission period: 1 October − 31 May
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Information Systems Computer Sciences View 32 other Masters in Business Administration in Finland
Degrees Completed Worldwide (excluding Finland)
- Bachelor of Science in Technology OR closely related to Technology - Completed in a University (all countries)
- Bachelor of Engineering - Completed in a University of Applied Sciences (EU/EEA countries)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Informatics or in Business Information Technology - Completed in a University (all countries)
- Bachelor of Business in Informatics or in Business Information Technology - Completed in a University of Applied Sciences (all countries)
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
LUT University Scholarship Programme
Scholarships are offered for students with a non-EU/EEA nationality (excluding the Swiss students), who are applying through Regular Admission to Master's Programme/s at LUT University (taught in English) and who are required to pay a tuition fee.
Partner University Scholarship Programme at LUT University
Scholarships are offered for students from the partner universities with a nationality of a non-EU/EEA country (excluding Switzerland), who are applying through Double Degree Admission or Trilateral/Joint Degree Admission to a Master's Programme at LUT University (taught in English) and who are required to pay a tuition fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.