The Sociology program of University of Guelph offers students two options: complete four courses and a thesis; or complete six courses and a major paper. All students are required to master knowledge of sociological theory as well as qualitative and quantitative methodologies. Students must also participate in the professional seminar, which provides opportunities to enhance professional and practical skills related to their degree and beyond.
- Environment, Food and Communities
- Work and Organization
- Crime and Social Control
- Identities and Social Inclusion
Are you interested in:
- Applied Statistics
- Community Engaged Scholarship
- Cultural Sociology
- Neo-Marxism / Political Economy
- Gender Studies
- Government / Research
- Corrections / Law/Courts
- Community Affairs
- Business / Communications
- Teaching / Education
- Sociological Theory
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Advanced Issues in Mixed Research Methodologies
- Advanced Topics in Sociological Theory
- Special Topics in Sociology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 106 other Masters in Sociology in Canada
- Students require a 4 year honours BA (or equivalent) with a B+ average over the last 2 years of study.
- They must also have a familiarity with the discipline of sociology, including a basic understanding of sociological theory and methodology.
- Two academic letters of references and a statement of interest are also required.
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6837 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2377 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.