The goals of the Applied Mathematics programme of Eötvös Loránd University is to develop a student’s mathematical skills to solve industrial and other real-life problems and development tasks in innovative ways.
This program enables students to acquire fundamental capabilities such as:
- modelling and analytical skills,
- knowledge of numerical methods,
- skills in programming and simulation,
- experience with real-life mathematical models such as in industry or economy,
- ability to handle huge amounts of data by integrating mathematical, numerical and statistical methods.
Strength of program
One of the main features of the program is that it covers several areas of applied mathematics, thus our graduates will have a broad knowledge. Besides offering introduction and basic foundation in many topics, some of the subjects lead to up-to-date research results.
Our instructors all have scientific degrees and good research records, as well as international teaching experience. Of particular interest is the fact that many researchers in the internationally renowned Hungarian school of combinatorics have started their career at our university: for example, the Wolf Prize and Kyoto Prize winner Prof. László Lovász, and the recent Abel Prize winner Prof. Endre Szemerédi.
Our graduates will be able to continue their career in industrial development and research, such as high tech industries, telecommunication, software development, financial institutions or insurance companies. They may also apply for Ph.D. studies either at Eötvös Loránd University or anywhere in the world.
- system analyst in a financial institution (bank, investment, insurance)
- software development
- high tech industry
- research mathematician
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Discrete Mathematics
- Number Theory
- Operations Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 6 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BSc degree in Mathematics or in a related field (Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) in the latter case at least 65 credits in Mathematics is required.
- Online application form
- Bachelor-level degree
- Transcript of records
- Motivation letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of the main pages of the passport
- Passport photo
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of clean criminal records
- Copy of application fee transfer
- Language certificate
International8380 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4190 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA8380 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4190 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.