The Music Industry Studies programme offered at the University of Liverpool is taught alongside the MA in Classical Music Industry, which will broaden your theoretical understanding and opportunities for research.
All postgraduates also have access to the department's programme of research seminars and performances.
Students from the taught postgraduate programmes in the department of Music have gone on to a wide range of careers, including various positions in the music industries, museums, arts administration, journalism, publishing, and teaching. PhDs in Music are in full-time lectureships around the world (e.g. Canada, Sweden).
This programme has been recognised by the AHRC as appropriate training for advanced research, and prepares students for a level of further training equivalent to doctoral study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studying Music Industry
- Music Contracts
- Music Industry
- Globalisation and the Music Industry
- Music Industry Management
- Asian Music Markets
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no strict application deadlines but applicants are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if they require visas or have special requirements.
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 211 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
- You will need at least a 2.1 undergraduate degree (or its equivalent) in any discipline.
- We shall look at candidates not simply in the light of conventional profiles, but with regard to individual qualities. Hence, mature students with non-traditional backgrounds - particulary if you have music industry experience - are encouraged to apply.
- Applications from international students are welcome. International qualifications will be evaluated in line with the National Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) guidelines. In addition to the materials described above, international students should also include a transcript of their MAs and undergraduate degree work.
International18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.