On this MCD Town and Regional Planning taught programme offered at the University of Liverpool, you’ll learn about the social, economic and environmental challenges planners face, whilst becoming familiar with planning tools, methods and how they can be applied to particular planning contexts.
Three MCD pathways are available, two of which have been tailored specifically to meet the needs of students who have completed an undergraduate degree in planning at the University of Liverpool or XJTLU: Pathway B (Urban Design) and Pathway C (Spatial Modelling). Pathway A (Spatial Planning) is intended for students with an undergraduate degree in one of a range of disciplines cognate to planning, such as geography, sociology, environmental studies or politics; or for part-time students working in planning practice. All three MCD pathways are accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute.
There are significant career opportunities in the field of planning, urban regeneration and environmental management working for local authorities, the private and voluntary sectors.
Within the planning sphere graduates can become involved in a variety of different positions concerned with helping to improve the quality of our towns and cities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Spatial Planning Challenges
- Theory, Power and Ethics
- EMaking Places
- Trends, Outcomes and Impacts
- Implementing and Managing Change
- Making Plans
- Spatial Planning in Action
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no strict application deadlines but applicants are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if they require visas or have special requirements.
180 with a dissertation
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture Environmental Management Urban Planning View 104 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United Kingdom
- The normal entry requirement for all our postgraduate programmes is a good first degree (2:1) or above, in a related area from an approved university or equivalent. Applications from those with non traditional qualifications and relevant work experience are also welcomed and will be considered on their individual merits.
- A Personal Statement should be submitted to confirm which pathway the application is for. Please choose from Pathway B (Urban Design) or Pathway C (Spatial Modelling). Please see overview for clarification of pathways.
International17200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8350 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.