Considerable flexibility exists affording applicants the opportunity to develop their own postgraduate degree programme; the degree benefits from the development of the School of Environmental Sciences drawing on modules from across the School.
Emphasis is placed on techniques for examining recent environmental change, methods of contemporary monitoring and providing the context for possible future climate change impacts in a range of environments.
The Environmental Sciences programme offered at the University of Liverpool has a strong practical component within which there is specialist training in a wide variety of field and laboratory techniques.
Our degrees provide pathways into rewarding careers and our graduates have found employment in a wide range of industries and organisations, both in the UK and abroad. Graduates of the Environment and Climate Change MSc have gone on to continue their studies towards a PhD, or are employed in a wide range of positions, including environmental, energy and engineering consultancies, multinational companies (energy), local government, environmental bodies, research positions and teaching.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Environment and Climate Change
- Project Design and Management
- Dissertation - Environmental Sciences
- Geohazards and Risk Mitigation
- Research in Anthropocene Environments
- Coastal Environments: Spatial and Temporal Change
- Physical Properties of Environmental Archives and Modelling Approach
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no strict application deadlines but applicants are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if they require visas or have special requirements.
180 with a dissertation
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 219 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
- The typical entry requirement is a Bachelors degree (with Honours) at 2:1 level or better in an appropriate field of study. Individual consideration is given to mature students with significant and relevant experience and with professional qualifications.
- Applications from international students are welcome. International qualifications will be evaluated in line with the National Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) guidelines.
International20850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.