The programme is designed to embed the knowledge, skills and understanding required to critically assess the function, use and impacts of concrete, steel and alternative construction materials in structural designs and to participate in the design, implementation and evaluation of engineering projects which are truly sustainable, bringing social, economic and environmental benefits to current future generations.The Sustainable Civil and Structural Engineering Sustainable Civil and Structural Engineering programme offered at the University of Liverpool provides an opportunity for you to develop advanced specialist knowledge in structural engineering, understand how to address the increasing challenges for the industry and develop your skills for the working environment.
We equip our students for rewarding careers and our graduates have found jobs in a wide range of industries and organisations, both in the UK and abroad.
Programmes include a strong practical element and incorporate the latest academic and industry research, enabling you to work effectively at the forefront of engineering.
When you graduate you can count on the University's Careers and Employability Service to help you plan your future.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Capstone: Multidisciplinary Project
- Advanced Geomechanics
- Structural Systems
- Research Skills and Project Planning
- Advanced Construction Management
- Structural Steelwork, Timber and Masonry
- Materials for Durable and Sustainable Construction
- Risk and Uncertainty: Probability Theory
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
There are no strict application deadlines but applicants are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if they require visas or have special requirements.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Sustainable Energy View 107 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United Kingdom
- For taught programmes in the School of Engineering, Programme and Major codes are indicated for the MSc (Eng) route only. However, PGDip and PGCert routes are available and students requiring advice about the codes for these programmes should contact the School.
- For all applicants we expect normally at least a UK 2:1 (or equivalent) undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering only. Previous relevant industry experience is a strong advantage. All applications will be considered on individual merits.
International23400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National10200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.