Specific objectives of the Soil Assessment and Remediation master's degree at the University of Porto are to confer knowledge and skills in:
- Geochemistry, pedology, hydrology and modeling;
- Soil genesis and geomorphology, weathering and soil evolution;
- Ecotoxicology, ecology and soil microbiology;
- Selection and evaluation of chemical, physical, biological/biochemical and ecological indicators of soil quality appropriate to each real situation;
- Planning of sampling designs and technical field evaluations;
- Analytical methodologies and technologies available for soil evaluation and rehabilitation;
- Decision-support tools for the choice of rehabilitation approaches and/or soil management practices more appropriate for each real situation.
The Master Course in Soil Evaluation and Remediation will train professionals with solid and advanced skills to provide services, to design and manage projects and to create new business ideas focused on soil evaluation/rehabilitation (agricultural, residential, industrial, forestry), always taking into consideration the evaluation and the protection of water bodies, ecosystems and human health. Examples of professional activities: management of agroecosystems and forest areas, risk assessment and rehabilitation of contaminated areas, rural development and circular economy, urban planning, nature conservation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Soil Sciences
- Soils Ecology and Ecotoxicology
- Screening and Environmental Diagnosis
- Soil Remediation Technologies I
- Sources, Transport and Modelling of Contaminants in the Soil
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Apply before , International
- Have a degree (or a legal equivalent) in Environmental Sciences and Technology, Environmental Engineering, Biology, Geology, Mining Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or related fields
- Have a degree in other scientific areas and a scientific or professional Curriculum whose merit is recognized by the scientific committee of the course.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.