In Ethics and Practical Philosophy, themes and authors will be studied concerning the relations between ethic rationality and political rationality, as well Political Anthropology, and articulating the contributions of Ethical and Philosophical Anthropology with the issues of interculturality and citizenship.
In Philosophy Teaching and Human Rights, the main goal is to deepen research work on critical confluences between philosophical reason and pedagogical reason. Therefore at the University of Porto, we will mostly privilege the contribution of Ethical and Philosophical Anthropology, with a particular focus on the studies of human right foundations.
In Medieval Philosophy, we suggest the study of authors and themes from all philosophical domains, starting with the direct reading of textual sources and theory traditions. Education is oriented for scientific research and teaching. The classes are articulated with the participation in seminars and conferences by invited national and foreign teachers.In Contemporary and Modern Philosophy, we focus on themes and authors from this historical period, seeking to find correlations between philosophy, religion, sciences and arts in general. We give special relevance to current problems in technique, language, phenomenology, will, mind, biology and the construction or alienation of subjectivity.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Ethics and Political Philosophy I
- Topics in Portuguese Ethical-Political Thought (19th Cent.)
- Ethics and Political Philosophy II
- Topics in Portuguese Ethical-Political Thought (20th Cent.)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics
- Holders of a graduate degree (180 ECTS) or legal equivalent;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree given in the sequence of a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the Bologna Program in any adherent country;
- Holders of a foreign higher academic degree recognized as adequate by the competent council of the Faculty of Arts;
- Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum recognized as adequate by the competent scientific council of the Faculty of Arts.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.