The Communication Sciences programme of the University of Porto has the goals of providing their students:
- a scientific and professional education, combining solid knowledge in Human and Social Sciences with new information and communication technologies and the aesthetic and creative dimensions;
- further competences of analysis, production and creation of media and communication processes.
The MECC graduates have the competences to exercice in the Communication Sciences, from journalism (broadcast, written, online) to communication production and analysis in political, cultural, scientific and patrimonial-related contexts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Communication
- Journalism Studies
- New Media
- Media and Society
- Seminar in Specialised Journalism
- Cyberjournalism Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Public Relations View 4 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
One may apply to this Master’s degree if:
- one is holder of a undergraduate degree (1st cycle in the Bologna Program) in Communication Sciences or others considered adequate by the course’s Scientific Commission;
- the Scientific Commission exceptionally admits applicants with other graduate degrees, requiring the student’s previous approval in a group of 1st cycle subjects until a maximum of 30 ECTS.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.