The Communication and Management of Creative Industries programme of the University of Porto provides advanced training in areas related to Communication and Creative Industries Management, aimed at those who wish to pursue a professional career as an executive, entrepreneur or researcher in this area. Among the main objectives, the following stand out: It has the following objectives.
- To provide postgraduate training in Communication and Creative Industries, to a design which combines the teaching/ learning contents taught with a section that is designed to provide students with professional tools, as well as theoretical and practical experience, always in the interdisciplinary field of Communication Sciences and Management Sciences;
- To promote the practice of research in Communication and Creative Industries, encouraging student autonomy in their academic career;
- To prepare professionals with a solid understanding that enhances value creation in creative and cultural industries and products;
- To raise awareness of the importance of intellectual property as a strategic asset of organizations, content production and creative brands;
- Identify and analyze critical success factors in the creative sector, particularly in terms of communication strategies, media strategies, marketing, business models, entrepreneurship and development projects.
- Management, marketing, management, production, creation and other activities in Companies in the creative industries, including the media and communication.
- Positions in creative activities, including freelancing, entrepreneur by Own and employed in small, medium and large enterprises Associated with creative work, especially in Areas in the media, publishing, music and audiovisual industries in Sound design, television and film, radio and online production, multimedia, digital agencies, consultants.
- Positions in government entities, non-profit organizations, cultural entities, museums, galleries; And also in other companies and organizations that have creativity as a of value creation.
- Preparation for doctoral research in culture, communication, media, Projects in creative industries and work-dependent organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methodology in Communication and Information Sciences
- Integrated Communications Planning
- Management and Business Models in Creative Industries
- Intelectual Property and Creativity
- Marketing for Creative Industries
- Entrepreneurship and cultural projects
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- First degree of studies or legal equivalent; in the fields of Communication Sciences, Information Science, Philosophy, Management, Economics, and related fields of Humanities and Social;
- Foreign academic degree conferred following a 1st cycle of studies organized according to the principles of the Bologna Process by a State that has adhered to this Process (in the areas referred to in );
- Foreign academic degree that is recognized as meeting the objectives of a teaching certificate by the statutorily competent body of FLUP;
- Of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that is recognized by the Scientific Committee as evidence of ability to complete this course.
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.